- The overall goal of the VirtualPianoLesson project is to create a mixed reality piano lesson, that shows the student a visual representation of the musical piece they want to learn, tracks the progress during the virtual practice session, and adapts the difficulty level and visual representation of the lesson to the student’s ability.
- This project/thesis focuses on the visualization of musical pieces for piano education.
- During the project, different visual metaphors should be designed to target different ability levels of the students.
- The visualizations will be implemented as an AR application with a HTC Vive using Unity3D.
- How can we visualize musical pieces on different piano player ability levels?
- How can we transfer musical visualizations into an augmented reality setting to enable virtual piano lessons?
- Birhanu, A. (2017). Interactive AR Experiences as Training Applications: Guidelines and Requirements for Piano Pedagogy in Mixed Reality. Drexel University.
- Rogers, Katja, et al. "Piano: Faster piano learning with interactive projection." Proceedings of the Ninth ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces. ACM, 2014.
- Miller, Matthias, et al. "Analyzing Visual Mappings of Traditional and Alternative Music Notation."