- Immersive analytics is increasingly deployed to analyze volume or geospatial data. Also for the analysis of abstract data, the desire for virtual environments is rising.
- The goal of this project is to create a collaborative VR-environment (server-client architecture) in which multiple collaborators can work simultaneously.
- To demonstrate collaboration capabilities of the tool, a basic visualization should be implemented as well.
- How to provide a scalable server-client architecture for multiple VR-clients?
- How to model collaborators in the shared virtual environment?
- How can we ease collaboration in the VRE by exploiting properties of the virtual space?
- Setup a shared VR space (server/client architecture)
- Find suitable solutions to model collaborators
- Implement/extend a visualization in the shared virtual environment and explore interaction techniques
- Basic knowledge about information visualization.
- Optional: Experience with Unity and HTC Vive
- Scope: Bachelor
- 6 Month Project, 3 Month Thesis