Problem Statement & Overview
The distribution of flight routes implies on-going, multinational debates where personal wellbeing & health opposes the benefits in trade & economy. However, for the broad public, the (potentially latent) correlations between flight movements and their spatial context are slightly accessible. In this project, you will enrich an existing flight database by contextual data, implement methods for semi-automatically detecting correlations and visualize the correlations.
- Given live & historical aircraft trajectory data, identify suitable contextual data sources and integrate them to a database.
- Identify and integrate strategies to semi-automatically detect one or more correlation types.
- Identify and implement suitable correlation visualizations.
- Weninger, Beate. "Lärmkarten zur Öffentlichkeitsbeteiligung-Analyse und Verbesserung ausgewählter Aspekte der kartografischen Gestaltung." (2015).
- Alonso, Gustavo, et al. "Investigations on the distribution of air transport traffic and CO2 emissions within the European Union." Journal of Air Transport Management 36 (2014): 85-93.