- Analyzing patterns in music and finding similar music compositions is a complex issue and provides a wide area of research with a growing community.
- Understanding musical features such as harmony, rhythm, and structure is a difficult task
- The target is to develop new interactive visual analysis techniques that support the analysis of relevant features in music data based on MusicXML
- Implementation of user-steered analysis methods based on new visualizations to identify musical patterns of and between different features
- How can we visualize musical features?
- How can interactive analysis techniques be implemented to identify characteristic musical patterns?
- M. Good. MusicXML for notation and analysis. The virtual score: representation, retrieval, restoration 12:113-124, 2001.
- W. Chan, and Qu Huamin. A Report on Musical Structure Visualization. Leonardo, Department of Computer Science and Engineering Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, 2007.
- T. Bergstrom, K. Karahalios, and J. C. Hart. Isochords: visualizing structure in music. In Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2007. ACM, 2007.